Ok it's Sunday now. I arrived in Sydney in the morning on Saturday, but was too busy. Most importantly it was only just now that my brother set up the internet for this com.
Anyway, starting from the plane journey. It was an overnight flight and while everyone was sleeping, I couldn't sleep! Maybe I did for about twenty minutes, but other than that I was fully awake all the while. They showed "After the Sunset" and "Finding Neverland" (hey , Ping) on the plane. I got to watch them until they stopped playing anything on the screen from about 2.00am to 5.00am....
When I got to the house here, got to admit that I kinda like it alot. It's a small apartment, but more than enough for two occupants. The place's still empty. We went to IKEA to buy the furnitures which included things like Dining table, bed, lamp and pillows etc. They are supposed to be arriving anytime soon. But gosh, the delivery fee was damn expensive! $70...!
Talk about the location of my place. It's got a great view! The downside of the place is probably that it's facing the main street, so any unwanted noises can be heard quite clearly. Also, my brother told me that the area is particularly prone to robbery coz many foreign students live around here. Anyway, other than those things there's no other drawback to the place at the moment! The area is full of small shops providing most of the things I want. Stationery stores, photocopying services, food, movie rentals etc. It's going to be pretty! Also, 5 minutes walk to the left of my place will bring me to my school! Hahaha, just imagine how late I can wake up in the morning!
Oh, I'm learning more and more facts about this place too. One thing I can't stand about the bus service is that, everytime a passenger boards, the fare is paid to the driver who'll issue a recipt and change (if needed). So it's kinda like a Supermarket scenario, where you buy things and have to wait for them to print the recipt. Haha, there's supposed to be a bus card or something, but I just don't see many people using it.
Here's something more interesting. Last night at about 2.00am my brother, his friend(GF??), and I went to a convernience store in gas station opposite my house. The place was open though it didn't let any customer in. Instead it operated on a drive-thru system whereby you just stand outside and order to the person INSIDE, all the while separated by a glass panel with one small slot to place your money. The shpkeeper will then deliver your items by putting it in a metal box which can be opened by both the people inside and outside the shop. Strange.... But my brother said it was safety precaution, in case of robbery and stuff.
Seems like there are still so many things to be learnt! But so far things seem well...!!! ^______^
Sunday, March 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yo, havent commented on your blog in a long time, sorry. Hope you make some friends there soon :). Anyway, how does the convenience store work? i mean, if they dont let customers in, then how would they know that there is to buy? And its cool that both our new schools are so close to our homes, its good to finally be able to sleep an hour extra every morning. ^^
BoO^bOo says: Dude... you know what?! being close to school is a gd thing in fact is the BEST thing ever... but then... I've learnt something... i mean to me... It's kinda tricky as it makes me lazier to wake up and I still can come late to school... *shy* hauahaua...
Well, the customer would have to know what to buy, you know. Like "a bottle of coke" or something, lol!
Anyway, haha both of you think alike huh? But I guess all of us think that way too. School close to home = waking up later in the morning!
Wowee, Thanin.. Your living area seems so frickin' amazing. Its like, a facking downtown crib.. LOL.. Shibby. xP I live like, in the damn suburban area and everything is NOT walking distance away. I'm jealous, man. Seems so much fun there.. A god damn apartment for just you and your brother.. One thing though.. Make sure like, you two get along well, cuz after living with ANYONE awhile... Things get tense, believe you me. Its like, you start noticing their little tiny flaws and it starts to get REALLY annoying. So yeah.. Make sure you kinda like.. Basically give in to everything.. Unless its something stupid. Damn you, Thanin. I love plane rides.. LOL.. So does Nic... All my siblings do, actually. DAMN IT! I wanna go on a plane now. Its so fun. Its like a super jam packed room with everyone so close together. Literally. So yeah.. Wonder how school will be like there. So yeah, man.. FInd a TEMPORARY replacement Dan and Ping and Keith and everyone.. LOL.. Just remember the people who occupied the original slots, man. See ya soon.
LOL, yeah I know just what you mean. Living with someone for a while can make things so different.
Anyway, my house is actually 10-15 mins bus ride away from the city. Although there are plenty of small shops around waiting to be explored! ^____^
Post a Comment