Friday, December 24, 2004

Mid-way through WORK!

OMG, I'm using a computer in the office to blog this! Hahaha.... definitely something that doesn't happen everyday! Second day on the job and still I don't have any regular work yet... Yesterday was my first day and I spent my time doing basic paperworks for other people, LOL. Sorta like clearing the simple jobs that others have no time to finish. Basically all I did was looking through the orders of the company, keyed in the data and checked that all items were delivered as they're suppose to... Spent hours typing and staring at the screen. At the end of the day I was half dead! Haha, but it's quite an experience too. For today, well, I spent the morning undergoing a briefing about the safety precautions and some really unimportant procedures. Well, they're important only if you're a constuction worker... which, lucky me, I'm not! So yeah, now I'm really free as no one assigned me any work yet... It feels so weird to be so relaxed and typing this out now while the others (including my brothers) are going about doing their work.
Wanted to blog down my experiences when I was in Beijing...but well it's been a few days and the excitement kinda left me. LOL, so I don't know but will mention what I remember. Few observations I made were 1) the people there speak DAMN fast... and with all their Beijing accent and my pro-ness in Chinese, It's kindahard to communicate! 2) the waitresses in many restaurants wear really really mini skirts! And I'm serious! 3) the place has no stray dog walking about. This is like S'pore except for the fact that the dogs aren't there not because the government got rid of them... but the people already cooked them for meals.... eeeewww 4) the people seemed really fierce and rude at first glance... cars honk like mad and people talk really loudly. Somehow, when I talked to them, they seemed really nice.... So I really don't know, haha. Oh and last, I climbed the Great Wall!! Yeah, but I didn't really go far, not because I was tired or anything but I started to get a headache the higher I went... probably due to the pressure thingy :( But it was fun and beautiful...
So anyway, back to work for me (hopefully I'll get to do some work around here or else I'll be free till 5!)

4 comments:

Lloevee said...

HEY THANIN! I just got back from NEW YORK!!! I bought Nic's G/F a present cuz he was too 'ham' to uy it himself. LOl OMFG, that was so funny. Yeah, its Lynn, oh, I was looking for Pauline's name, but I could not find it so I got a 'URAQT' one for her. I got one of those for Nic's chinese named girl-friend, too. Oh, got one for Suzanne too. Basically everyone I think look good. I got three damn key chains,
1)There are three kinds of people in this world - those who make things happen - those who watch things happen - and - those who dont know what the HELL happened. LOL
2) 'I didnt lose the keys this time, I lost the whole damn car.' LOLLLLLLLL
3) 'I dont discriminate, I hate EVERYONE.' LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
So yeah, got some cool name tags, those big, metallic ones which I plan on hanging on my bag. One says 'no smoking'. I hope it rubs off on my parents.
So yeah. That pretty much wraps up NYC, too crowded too busy. Ey, En, En, Aye, Ee.

So yeah. MERRY CHIRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I think the jo thing was cool. Wish my dad had something like that planned up too, oh well. Come online soon, I wanna tell you something.
--------------------------------------------------
L to the power of 2
Oh
Vee. :)
Understand, Ping?

Anonymous said...

Ohh.. Daniel.. How are you man.. I miss you... And Thanin too!

Anonymous said...

Woopz. Forget to mention that the comment was written by me, Keith Tan the ermz.. DAWG....

MeAdr said...

Haha Dan, if I were reading that comment without knowing you... I'd probably have a few misconceptions.
1)You are a pervert, which you may be.. LOL
2)Crazy key-chains fanatic...
3)NYC's famous for it's key-chains... (I mean you went to NYC and all you talked about was key-chains! LOL)
Anyway, Merry Christmas!