I miss you...Miss you so bad.
Won't forget you...Oh it's so sad.
I hope that you can hear me...
Coz I remember it clearly...
The day you slipped away,
was the day I found it won't be the same...
Finally this day has arrived...
No, I never looked forward to it. I hate it so much. If only this is a dream. Yeah, how good that'd be... It is, of course, impossible. It can never be a dream for I was there at the airport... felt the lost and even cried my heart out too. Today Daniel, one of my best friends ever, left Singapore. Destination, Canada... I can only wonder when we'll meet again... though I pray hard that it's real soon.
I'll never forget everything that happened within the short hour at the airport today. A group of us went there after a briefing in school earlier in the morning. Ping, Des, Beng, Ash and Andrew... We did everything as if it was normal. Had lucnh at Mcdonald's and talked non-sense just to get a good laugh. However, throughout I could't help but reminded myself that that would be the last time.
We took lots of photos too. It was fun, really. For a while there I was really able to let myself go. Time's precious and I made sure that I made the most out of it....
When all's done, we found ourselves at the departure hall once again. It was an akward moment. No one wanted him to go but at the same time knew full well that there's nothing that can be done. For me, I tried to tell myself to be strong. I felt really sad inside but i forced myself not to cry. Before today, I had imagined so much about how this would feel like. I realised that I was a fool. What I experienced today was far worse. Seeing him and Nicky through the glass panel in the departure hall...it's a scene that scarred me for life. I almost cried then, but managed to fight back my tears. Soon Dan called me to say goodbye to everyone. At the very moment i told him 'good luck', I just broke down. I didn't accept the reality until that very second. It just, in a way, forced me to accept the cruel truth. Apparently it's one that I couldn't handle too... I couldn't remember the last time I cried so much...
Dan, if you're reading this, I just want you to remember that no matter how many years from now, I'll never forget you. I'll always remember everything and cherish all those memories. You will always be that special friend in my life. Nothing will ever change that, you have my word. When you need someone, I'll always be around to do as much as I can to help. At this point, it is only the beginning not the end. As you once told me, ' Absence makes the heart grows fonder'. Good Luck in everything you do. Pursue your dreams and hope that you acheive them. Keep in touch... We'll meet again someday!
Here's a song that i wrote... I hope you like it ^__^
LAST FAREWELL
V1: Didn't catch those words, can you say them again?
I'm not gonna laugh, don't leave them unsaid
They mean as much to both you and I
What's on your mind
Coz after today there's nothing, nothing but goodbye
As we are standing here let us make a promise
CHORUS: From this very moment wherever we may be
We'll never doubt those we call friends
Cherish them until, until the end
We laugh and we cry while hands wave goodbye
V2: Those jokes we made and those pranks we played
Brought countless smiles to our faces before
So why now my friends, memories make you cry?
Don't be afraid
Coz you are not, not the only one
V3: We are screaming inside saying that it's a lie,that it's not true, that it's not goodbye
But in reality it's just right there, it is happening right before our eyes
Is it gonna be the same? Seems like nobody knows
Nobody knows, but soon we'll all know..
ENDING: Good luck in whatever you. My last farewell from me to you

4 comments:
Hey Thanin, guess who...
Sigh... Things are so different now... I don't know what to write anymore... So yeah, give me some time to settle down, and I'll like.. spam this place again. :)
-xaxixl
Oh My Gosh....!! You mean, I really have to guess? Haha, hey man! I'm surprised! Didn't expect you to be using the net so soon... great... hahaha! So yeah, take your time to settle everything down... I'm sure you have a lot to adjust to... :p
Hey Thanin,
It's me again. Haha, anyway, yesterday, I was way too tired and sad and pissed to function properly. Anyway, I'm really touched, you know? To read what you wrote, it's the nicest thing ever. :) And hey, honestly, I'm not saying that just because it's about me. :P
Anyway, everything here is cool, literally. I thought I had frostbite or something. And yeah, man... Your last post was really nice.. Thanks.. :) God, I don't know what to say.. T-T
Stop being so nice all the time. It's not fun to look like a big, insensitive piece of crap 24/7.
So yeah, I'd better see your ass in Singapore, this coming June/July. We'll all catch a movie or something.
Lastly, don't be sad, man. When everything seems bad, compare yourself to others... See, what you left at the airport on the 24th of Nov. will NEVER compare to what I lost there, at the same time. So yeah. :') *sniff*
Sigh, I miss all of you so much. You dare delete this blog, and you're dead.
always your friend,
-daniel
Always look on the bright side of life.
The same thing goes for you too... Have fun over there, man! Go skiing or something, haha... Just let go! Carpe Diem...yep I finally found the meaning to that phrase. It's "seize the day"... muahaha So yeah, don't forget to do just that! You are now open to a whole new world of opportunities, be sure to grab them! Don't forget to share your experiences with us too! ^___^
Oh, next June/July... I'll try to be here. Wouldn't miss it for anything... Be happy and Have fun! You RAWK!
Post a Comment