Friday, July 28, 2006

Ok, so it's official. I'm resuming a life with no social life. The first of Uni went by, and now I have a hell load of assignments on my shelf just waiting to be completed. Session 2 and everything is just looking tougher. One new course is Communications 1. Gosh, I'm gonna be so dead. I have no confidence whatsoever in my hand drafting/sketching/rendering etc etc techniques. And all of those are to be tested in this course. I have to be dealing with unfamiliar materials like charcoal, and tackle a thousand and one types of sketching. R.I.P.
History and Theory 2, though, seem much more interesting. Maybe coz it seems to be more "history" than "theory". Technologies 2, well, so far it feels like more of the same. Even all the lecturers are the same as Technologies 1. Which only means that it's gonna be one TOUGH course again. Besides, we were all shocked to see the number of repeat students for this course in the very first lecture. Gosh, talk about discouragement.
Lastly, Design workshop. It's been quite a tordano ride so far with this course. When the list of tutorial groups was given out, I found myself under this tutor that I dislike (the same one I had for my History&Theory 1). Furthermore, as for the first project which have us working in pairs, my partner is totally NOT someone I'd like to work with. Though, after the first studio today, I was so very relieved to find that both the tutor and my partner are decent. So, hope things don't go downhill.
On a side note, I just spent more than $70 on materials for Communications. :(

No comments: