Monday, June 19, 2006

Session one is finally coming to an end (2 more exams and it's all over). Honestly, it's only in the past week or so that i've had a chance to get some "me" time. Once again I'm reflecting on a lot of things on a personal level, and it's something I've not done in a long time. I really miss it.
Well, for one thing... I've never really thought about how I present myself to others. I used to be very conscious of the impression I'm giving of myself as a person. It's not really like that anymore, and I kinda realised -and regret- that. Not to say that I'm not being myself, but sometimes there's a limit of how much of yourself you can be before crossing the line.
There are a few drastic changes in me that I deduced from social observations in the past week or so. Remember that timid guy who doesn't seem to express much, but at least has a certain level of depth? Yep, it's like he's becoming louder, way too opinionated, and shallow...
That's not really how I see myself, even though I have to agree about being opinionated. It's just the impression I get from others of what they think of me. It's may be just my mind hallucinating and making up ideas, and I'm not saying that this theory is written in stone. Though, I'm not really sure if the trade-of is worth it. I managed to rid myself of a few traits since last year, and now I'm dealing with the new reactions I'm getting from people. Reactions that are kinda new to me. It's probably gonna take me some time to get used to, and it's more than likely that I'm gonna be changing (for better or worse) again in the future. So I guess it's just an ongoing cycle that we have to experience through the course of this journey in life.

5 comments:

Lloevee said...

Sometimes when I read your blog.. I wonder if it's really you.. Or a dictionary... With sentence forming intelligence.. Oh my gosh, lol.. But... I don't know... I think whatever we choose to appear as to other people, is who we really are.. I mean... Like every story has two sides, we don't have to have just one specific type of personality or trait. That's what I think anyway.. Sometimes I am cold, sometimes I am quiet, sometimes I talk too much, somtimes I am thoughtful, sometimes I am a jackass. All of them are different, all of them expressed to different people... Guess what... All of them... Me.. xD

Don't think too much about it and if the people don't like you, fuck them.

Anonymous said...

Carol: Wow Dan, isn't that gonna be a lot of work for Thanin to do? MHUAHUAHAUHhauha...

MeAdr said...

LOL errmmm I take that as a compliment of sorts? Haha.
I suppose you're right with that theory. How could I forget. Of course we carry ourselves differently depending on who we're intereacting with. I should know~ :P
Thanks for that little reminder. Sometimes the simplest things just slip right off my head!
And Carol... ermm your comment doesn't really make sense, does it? ^_____^

Lloevee said...

Lol, at first, I thought so too.. But... As the future No.1 detective of the whole flippin' Universe, I took it to be my duty to read between the lines and I have come up with only one logical conclusion.. Her comment was in response to my "Don't think too much about it and if the people don't like you, fuck them." sentence.. Meaning, a while shitload of them don't like you and thus you will have a lot of work "fucking them." Damn, I'm good.



LOL... All above-mentioned sentences are of fictional desires and goals. Any connection to achievements and subsequent assumptions thereof in real life is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. :S

Anonymous said...

Carol: Danny you're THE MAN! hahaha... GREAT EXPLANATION there Dan!!!

Yeah Thanin, I think Dan is right, just don't take it too seriously...there would be a time later when you have to do that but the time is not now. For now, you should just let the games come to you! ^__*