Exams are all over. That's it. Done. Heaps of regrets, but it's ok. At least I was taught the most valuable lesson in Uni life. Exams are so different here! Basically, lectures are just gateways to further learning. Lecturers are just there to "introduce" the different topics relating to the course. We have to 1) search for relevant notes from various sources, 2) spend a whole lot of time trying to grasp new concepts which are mostly unheard of.
Seriously, in the past few days when I revised for my exams, I learnt so much more than I had in lectures in the whole freaking session. I never really believed in a "group study session", but it's very much a must now. We compare what we understand based on what we've learned, argue over everything, and try to come up with the most sensible conclusion to each topic. It's a totally different type of learning for me. Extremely challenging, yet much more interesting. I'm definitely keeping that in mind, and better be more prepared next session.
With that said, I kinda can't believe that session 1 is over. Like, really over. It's been a hell of a ride, and (if all things turn out well) just 1/12 of the way. Things are sure gonna get tougher, but I'm just gonna hit harder as well. Cheers to all of us and whatever hardships we're facing!~
Right, I have around 2 days to clean up/organise my place (hopefully). A few things are broken at home, and definitely need replacing. Gonna look into that. Though, most importantly, I'm preparing myself mentally and emotionally for the upcoming trip! It's oh-so-exciting yet nerve-wrecking, for some reasons. Well, I'm looking forward to it no matter what. Gonna make the most out of all the little time I have in S'pore!
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment