Hey? I'm actually quoting what my teacher said about design work, hahaha. She was addressing this issue of design students not knowing when to stop improving on their work etc, and not knowing if their work is good enough. So basically, if your work is to the point that it's worth failing for (as in, you really like it that much), that's when you know that it is done.
I.. don't see the problem... Like what your teacher said... If it's worth failing for, then it's done.. Same should go for what you want, man.. If you wanna be like, whatever it is you want to be.. Then it's worth not living up to your dad's expectations... My dad totally hates the idea of me being a teacher... But, I think... That's the only thing I will be able to do.. And I kinda really wanna do it now... He thinks I'm a failure who just wants to take the easy way out, but... I can't grow up for him... The way I see it.. I'm gonna be a 40 year old wife-less hermit playing games with my beloved adopted daughter living in a beat up old building (gonna make sure it's safe for my daughter) with no social life. A real loser, so to speak. xD
The way I see it, there are two sides to the equation. There's my personal dream, which up to this point is still very hazy and unclear. And there's the other side which is my responsibility, which I don't think I can walk away from. Not only because I want to fulfill someone else's expectation, but for me partly believing that it's the right thing to do. So what I'm trying to do at this point is look for a fine line in between the two sides. Maybe the problem is that I know well what is on the "responsibility side", but I'm not too sure about the "dream" side. What I did recently was not the first time I put my personal dreams into considerations, but it's arguably the first time I looked at them realistically. That's when all personal doubts about my ability came in. But to answer your question as best as I possibly can, my interests possibly lie in things like journalism, social issues, and wildlife studies (I've always wanted to be one those people you see on discovery chanel doing research on animals :P). As to where I want to be in the future, it'd definitely be somewhere really simple. Most likely not a city area. And probably living on my own, considering how much I enjoy solitude these days. Doesn't sound so grand, eh? Haha.
6 comments:
Carol: Hey! What happen?
Hey? I'm actually quoting what my teacher said about design work, hahaha.
She was addressing this issue of design students not knowing when to stop improving on their work etc, and not knowing if their work is good enough. So basically, if your work is to the point that it's worth failing for (as in, you really like it that much), that's when you know that it is done.
Carol: Oh. You got me scared >.< I thought something happened. Okay now
I.. don't see the problem... Like what your teacher said... If it's worth failing for, then it's done.. Same should go for what you want, man.. If you wanna be like, whatever it is you want to be.. Then it's worth not living up to your dad's expectations... My dad totally hates the idea of me being a teacher... But, I think... That's the only thing I will be able to do.. And I kinda really wanna do it now... He thinks I'm a failure who just wants to take the easy way out, but... I can't grow up for him... The way I see it.. I'm gonna be a 40 year old wife-less hermit playing games with my beloved adopted daughter living in a beat up old building (gonna make sure it's safe for my daughter) with no social life. A real loser, so to speak. xD
So Thanin.. What IS your dream?
The way I see it, there are two sides to the equation. There's my personal dream, which up to this point is still very hazy and unclear. And there's the other side which is my responsibility, which I don't think I can walk away from. Not only because I want to fulfill someone else's expectation, but for me partly believing that it's the right thing to do.
So what I'm trying to do at this point is look for a fine line in between the two sides. Maybe the problem is that I know well what is on the "responsibility side", but I'm not too sure about the "dream" side. What I did recently was not the first time I put my personal dreams into considerations, but it's arguably the first time I looked at them realistically. That's when all personal doubts about my ability came in.
But to answer your question as best as I possibly can, my interests possibly lie in things like journalism, social issues, and wildlife studies (I've always wanted to be one those people you see on discovery chanel doing research on animals :P). As to where I want to be in the future, it'd definitely be somewhere really simple. Most likely not a city area. And probably living on my own, considering how much I enjoy solitude these days. Doesn't sound so grand, eh? Haha.
Lol, Nic had auto sign in. :O
Post a Comment