Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Dream On, Buddy!

It's been 2 days in Uni. What a way to start off the year. I fell asleep in the 2nd half of the first lecture on Monday.... LOL. There was a site visit yesterday. It's pretty overwhelming. Probably coz we've been away for so long, we aren't catching up to the tutors expectation just yet. Oh, and any hope of a slow start to the year has been totally shattered. Already we have to produce 2 models by next week. Gosh, like what my friend said , nothing is impossible in architecture. Who knows what other assignments we're getting by the end of the week?....

This year seems pretty interesting though, with such a great mix of students. By this I mean, there are quite a number of new faces from other years and/or other combined courses. There's this Thai guy whose parents own a Thai restaurant in the suburb that my friends and I frequent. The funny thing was, I was speaking to him in English for the whole time (we met in design studio). It was only when he offered me and my friends a ride to the site visit that, once in his car, he played Thai music that I asked him about it. Then there's this Taiwanese guy who's in a senior year taking my design studio course as an elective. He was telling us how we have to do this course called "research practice" where we have to work with real clients and 'please' them (in however ways we can).... riggghhhttt

Though this year seems pretty guys dominated. Like, I know a lot of girls (mainly caucasians) dropped out since last year and the new faces are mostly guys. But it's only been 2 out of 4 courses, so hopefully I'll see more, er, interesting faces today.... :)

No comments: