I'm sure we've all been asked things like..."What would you do if you became a millionaire?" or "What would you asked for if you were granted just one wish?"... Basically hypothetical questions that ask you to make personal choices...
So the thing is, should I be worried if most of the time I have no answer to those questions? Like, if you asked me what I really wanted, I wouldn't know how to answer! Is it because I have no aspirationof my own anymore? Have my life become an extension of someone else's dream? Maybe I'm working too hard to satisfy other's wishes... maybe after all this time I have no idea of what I wanted anymore...
This is so ridiculous, but the more I think about it, the more possible it seems. I don't know, just a thought. Hmm just going through the blues period I guess...
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Dear Thanin,
If you don't know what you want, then wouldn't it be ok to just follow someone's wishes and make them happy, until you finally realize what it is that you want? There's nothing more to be said, when you've given something a shot, and find that it's not for you. At which point in time, the person whom you did everything for must acknowledge the fact that you did in fact put in effort to make his/her dreams come true. The bottom line is that you should always do what you want, even if the consequences might be great. To be able to decide things on our own.. Is that not the truest blessing bestowed upon each and everyone of us? And if we were to be punished, it's good to know it was for something we believed in.
Hey thanks heaps for your comment, truly appreciate it. That pretty much sums up what I feel quite nicely... but those last sentences really gave me new perspective on things!
By the way, who's this writing? If you don't mind me asking, anonymous... :)
i bet it's a handsome guy
Hahaha, not handsome, but a guy, for certain. I'm sorry, Thanin, I am unable to be of any romantic interest in you.
Hmm.. Force of habit, but... TO* not in.
Post a Comment